BBBB

BBBB

Friday, September 12, 2014

Release Day Blitz: Shadow Dance by Addison Kline




Shadow Dancer by Addison Kline

Book 1 in the Shadow Series

Release Day: September 12, 2014!




Synopsis


Some secrets should just stay buried. On the day Tristan Morrow is born her mother goes missing, prompting an investigation that produces no solid leads. Fast forward 15 years, and the Morrow family still doesn’t know the truth behind Catherine Morrow’s disappearance. When 15 year old Tristan is required to write a biography on her mother for a school assignment, she learns the truth about her mother’s fate, and is hell-bent upon finding out who was responsible for her death. But when Tristan herself goes missing too, everyone is suspect, even her own father. Set in rural Fox Hollow, PA, Shadow Dancer unravels a web of lies, deceit, madness and corruption. Can investigators crack the case before Tristan meets the same fate as her mother? And who is responsible for the disappearances? There is much uncertainty as the investigation unfolds, but there is one thing that is certain: Tristan Morrow holds the master key to the entire riddle.



Purchase Links




There were times I wanted to eat, but just could not pry myself away from the story. I was given pieces of the story from the present then the past, it was very well intergrated. Mysterious and full of riddles! The synopsis does not do any justice to this mystery. This book had quite a few characters but each their own personalities to follow. A few favorites were Sgt. Jenna, Frank, and of course Jack. As the story builds, the pieces being to fall but not too fast. I was empowered by Tristian's courage, then overjoyed at the end with the haunting third floor. I admitt there were a few tears shed and I breathed a sigh of relief with Jack.


Teasers















Character Interviews

Character Interview #1 JJ Penn from Elkhart radio 104.9 interviewing Tristan Morrow

JJ- Tristan! How’s it going?
Tristan: Who are you and how did you get in here?
JJ- I’m JJ Penn with Elkhart Radio 104.9 and we are live on the air!
Tristan: You’ve got to be kidding me.
JJ- I’m definitely not, so how are you doing today?
Tristan: Pretty good. Just trying to finish up this assignment before Kendricks fails me.
JJ: You’re a smart girl, I’m sure you’ll pull it off.
Tristan: You don’t know my English teacher.
An interruption from the background jars the microphone as a group of boys stampede in the room.
Tommy: Tristan! Aren’t you done yet?
Blake: Come on! I want my bedroom back!
Shane (looking at JJ): Who the hell are you?! (Shane glances at his cousins Tommy and Blake) Who is that?!
JJ: (Clears throat) I’m JJ Penn from Elkhart Radio 104.9, and you might be?
Shane: Err… Shane Fitzpatrick. Tristan’s cousin.
The three boys eye JJ and Tristan suspiciously.
Tommy: We’ll be back later…
JJ returns his focus to Tristan, as he readjusts the microphone on the table.
JJ- Brothers?
Tristan- The dark haired boys are… the loud ginger is my cousin.
JJ- So Tristan, readers want to know what makes you tick. Would you mind answering a few questions?
Tristan- Sure, I guess so. I really need to get back to this assignment though.
JJ- Great. Okay. First up, what is your full name?
Tristan- Tristan Elizabeth Morrow
JJ- See? That was pretty painless. Are you the youngest in your family?
Tristan- Yes the youngest of six kids in this house… and the only girl.
JJ- Does that annoy you? Being surrounded by brothers?
Tristan- We’re pretty close, actually. Yeah, they get on my nerves, but it would be lonely without them… and in case you haven’t noticed, I’m not exactly the lace and frills kind of girl…
JJ- What are three of your biggest downfalls?
I’m stubborn…. I’ve got a temper… and I’m a bit of a perfectionist.
JJ- One of them, huh? What’s it like living up here in No Man’s Land?
Tristan- No man’s land? This is Morrow land. It’s nice and quiet. Just how I like it. I’m surprised you drove all the way up here just to ask me some questions.
JJ- Cavegat Pass is no joke, that is for sure. Okay, let’s dig a little deeper. What do you want to do after high school?
Tristan- Go to college. I’d like to be a veterinarian.
JJ- Very nice, okay next question. What are three of your biggest pet peeves?
Tristan- Hmm…. Not having enough personal space. Unannounced visitors. Secrets.
JJ- You don’t like secrets?
Tristan- No. I want to know the whole truth… not just what you think I can handle. I’m a big girl.
JJ- Name three of your biggest dreams that you hope to accomplish.
Tristan- I don’t have dreams. I have goals that I will achieve. I plan to graduate from Steeplechase a year early with a GPA of 3.8 or better. I plan to attend Bloomsburg University then Bucknell. Then I’d like to open a practice in Elkhart.
JJ- Would you offer your Dad a discount to care for his animals?
Tristan- Our animals, you mean? And I would treat them free of charge.
JJ- That’s very generous of you. You must really like animals.
Tristan- It’s something that I am passionate about.
JJ- Okay, next- Name one of your biggest fears?
Tristan- I don’t know what I’d do if something were to ever happen to one of my family members… That haunts my dreams at night.
JJ- Okay. Last question. Do you know what the author, Addison Kline has in store for you?
Tristan- That girl’s got secrets and she’s not telling me anything!
JJ- Thanks for your time today Tristan. Okay folks, that’s all for today. Next time, we will be sitting down with Tristan’s father Jack Morrow to see what makes him tick. From what I hear in town, he’s not the kind of guy you want to get on the wrong side of. Hopefully I don’t piss him off! Til next time. JJ Out!



Character Interview #2- JJ Penn from Elkhart Radio 104.9 Interviews Jack Morrow
Good Afternoon Folks! This is JJ Penn from Elkhart Radio 104.9 and I am back on the scene in Fox Hollow and we’re going to see if Jack Morrow, the lead male character from the new mystery novel, Shadow Dancer is willing to talk to us and answer some of our questions. It looks like he’s in the pasture over there with some of his workers tending to an injured cow. I’m just going to mozy on over there, and see what’s up.
JJ: Hello Jack… Mr. Morrow?
Jack turns from the injured sow on the ground, and gives JJ a glaring look.
Jack: Didn’t you see the sign? No trespassing! Now get gone…
JJ: Jack, I’m JJ Penn from…
Jack gives JJ an incredulous look, and he looks back at Frank who is gently stroking the cow’s side.
Jack: Hey Frank, this guy thinks I care who he is!
Frank growls in a Scottish brogue at JJ.
Frank: You better get going, boy… This is private property, and we don’t take kindly to visits from strangers.
JJ: I don’t mean no harm, but people in town….
Jack: People in town talk a lot of crap about stuff they know nothing about. Now son, I believe I asked you to leave.
JJ tried to step forward, but the path was blocked by several other cows, grazing in the pasture. They lazily chewed their grass and stared at JJ. Whenever JJ moved, the cows move closer, effectively creating a barrier between Jack and JJ. It was as if Jack had paid off his cows.
JJ: Jack, if I could just get a moment of your time!
The cows encroached further mooing loudly. One even went so far as to lick JJ’s leather jacket. JJ retreated in disgust.
JJ: It licked me!
Jack and Frank stared at JJ as if he had lost his mind.
Jack: Am I seeing things? This joker is still here.
Frank: Maybe we should find out what he wants…
Jack: I have a sick cow to deal with. Forget him. If he’s not gone in 10 seconds, I’ll have Adam release Ziggy. JJ, still listening intently heard the name Ziggy, and became more nervous.
JJ: What’s Ziggy?
Jack: Never you mind!
Frank stared at JJ who was still trying to get the licking cow away, but wasn’t having any luck as he was pinned between an old wooden fence and the herd of heifers. Frank smacked his tongue over his teeth and gave Jack a mischievous smirk.
Frank: Want me to take care of him?
JJ’s eyes bugged out of his head.
JJ: I just wanted to ask a few questions. Friendly questions!!
The cow was now licking the side of JJ’s face. JJ’s cringed in disgust. Jack looked at Frank with a serious face.
Jack: Yeah Frank. You better. I don’t want to have to release Ziggy.
JJ: No! Don’t release Ziggy! I mean, I don’t know what Ziggy is, but-
Frank started walking towards JJ. As he did the cows lazily dispersed, except for the one who had taken a liking to JJ. Frank had a menacing look on his face; his burly hands curled into massive fists. As JJ was sure that he was about to get the tar beat out of him, Frank slapped him on the back forcefully, but playfully.
Frank: We’re only messin’ with ya! We figured you were gonna come back up here. Tristan told us you was from the radio station.
JJ, eyes wide, all colored removed from his skin, stared at Frank in disbelief. His back still seared from where Frank had pummeled him. Jack, who was leaning over the beleaguered sow on the ground, was nearly in tears from laughing so hard.
Frank: What’s the matter? You can’t take a joke?!
On the horizon, JJ could see someone and something coming towards them. Frank looked behind him to see who it was.
Frank: Oy! It’s about time. Poor Oscar was seeing angels.
JJ: Oscar?
Frank: The poor beast on the ground. That be Oscar.
Tristan, who was leading an enormous pot belly pig on a leash towards her father, handed him a syringe as she looked at the cow on the ground.
Tristan- Poor Oscar….
Jack took the needle and jammed it hard into the cow’s hind quarter, causing it to groan in protest.
JJ- What did you do that for?! Is it going to die?
Frank looked at JJ as if he had lost his mind entirely.
Frank- Die?! What’s the matter with ye?! He got into the corn field again, and he’s allergic! That shot saved Oscar’s life!
Tristan and her pot belly pig approached JJ to say hello.
Tristan- JJ! Nice to see you again.
JJ nodded, not in the mood for social interaction any more after his encounter with Jack and Frank.
Tristan- This here is Ziggy. Say hi, Ziggy.
Ziggy looked up at JJ and snorted loudly. JJ thought the pig must’ve weighed more than he did; it’s belly scraped the ground as it walked, and he waddled from side to side.
Tristan- Don’t be afraid, he wouldn’t hurt a fly! He’s just old and grouchy… and probably hungry.
Suddenly, Ziggy was sniffing at JJ’s feet and digging his teeth into the laces of his suede Oxfords.
JJ- Hey!
JJ jumped up onto the old wooden fence to get away from the hungry pig who had chewed right through his laces.
JJ- Oh, no! That’s it! I’m going home. I’ll come back another day… When you’re back at the house!
Frank and Jack stared at each other as JJ ran back to his car.
Jack- I was just about to answer his questions, too.
Frank- What a feather weight.
Tristan, who was still standing with Ziggy, waved as JJ’s Subaru kicked up dirt as it sped down the road towards Cavegat Pass.
Tristan- Now look what you did, Ziggy. You scared him off… And you Daisy (talking to the cow that had taken a liking to JJ)… You nearly licked his jacket off.
Frank- Think he’ll actually come back?
Jack- Not if Ziggy and Daisy have anything to do with it.
Poor JJ! But don’t worry, he’ll be back next time, and he’ll be in the kitchen with the feisty and vivacious Bridgette Kilpatrick!



Are you attending the Shadow Dancer Release Party?






No comments:

Post a Comment